BITC is committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. It is the only race diversity campaign that has access to and influence over the leaders of the UK’s best known organisations.
The vision of the Business in the Community race equality campaign is one of 'Squaring the Pyramid' and has three campaign priorities to achieve this vision:
- To increase the number of BAME people in leadership on boards and executive levels and to increase the number of senior champions and executive sponsors for race at senior levels
- To increase diverse representation of BAME people at management levels and to speed up the progression of BAME employees in the workplace.
- To ensure all recruitment processes are free from discrimination and racial bias at every stage and take steps to outreach and to attract diverse talent.
How Can We Help You?
- Receive significant national profile.
- Foster internal engagement/ leveraging senior buy – in by participating in the UK’s most comprehensive Gender and Race benchmarking survey.
- Keep up to date with latest developments and current thinking.
- Demonstrate the organisation’s commitment to taking race diversity seriously.
- Participate in shared research to explore current issues on diversity and inclusion.
How Do We Do This?
- Through personal support: Each member employer is allocated a named diversity advisor who will challenge and give specialist support.
- Through access to knowledge and expertise online at the extensive knowledge hub that features member only content consisting of practical and pragmatic toolkits, research with considered actions points and up to date industry news .
- At employer led events, where best practice is shared.
- By providing a benchmarking platform that records and reports on comprehensive workplace metrics, including career progression, recruitment, supplier diversity and senior management and board representation, allowing organisations to chart their progress on mainstreaming gender diversity.
- By celebrating your achievements at the annual awards.
- Via the experts that we partner with.
Your Contribution To Moving the Agenda Forward
There are two levels of membership available:
Core Level Membership
- £3,500 for a single core membership of the Business in the Community race campaign.
- £2,800 for core membership for those organisations who are already Business in the Community members or have memberships with one other workplace campaign (gender equality campaign, wellbeing Campaign)
- £5,600 for core memberships across two workplace campaigns (gender, race or wellbeing)
- £7,000 for joint core membership of all three workplace diversity campaigns, gender, race and wellbeing)
- £10,500 Champion membership of the Business in the Community gender equality campaign, all the features of Core Membership and with added benefits.
Champion Level Membership, all the features of core membership plus added benefits.
Membership is a collaborative and charitable endeavour managed by Business in the Community (BITC) for public benefit. Membership and its associated products and services, whether paid-for or free, are to be used by members for the purposes of improving their own workplace policies and practice. Members may not re-sell BITC’s products, services and the associated intellectual property, nor may they use the forums of membership to promote their own products and services or otherwise exploit them for direct commercial purposes.
Three Ways To Join
1. Complete the form below.
2.Telephone Piyumi Samaraweera T: 020 7566 8745
3. Email: Piyumi Samaraweera Head of Membership Services